Information about Replacing a Medicare Card
- The Medicare card looks like the red, white and blue card here.
- Your Medicare card is your proof that you have Medicare health insurance.
- Your Medicare card will arrive in the mail in about 30 days.
- It will be mailed to the address Social Security has on file for you.
- If you need proof that you have Medicare sooner than 30 days, you also can request a letter which you will receive in about 10 days.
- If you have moved and have not reported this to the Social Security office, you will need to report this change to Social Security before your request can be processed.
- If you have moved and have reported this to Social Security recently, you will need to contact Social Security before your request can be processed.